The Sri Lanka – France Business Council was inaugurated on February 04, 2004, with the primary objective to promote trade, tourism investment and services between Sri Lanka and France and vice versa.
The Sri Lanka – France Business Council of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce continues to act as the vital link between Sri Lanka and France businesses, to develop new initiatives and areas of corporation in terms of trade, tourism and investment. The SLFBC membership comprise a wide spectrum of companies both French and Sri Lankan engaged in infrastructure, logistics and services, financial services, tourism and leisure, import and export trading, manufacturing, ICT and telecommunication.
- To promote trade tourism and other services between Sri Lanka and France and vice versa
- To encourage French investment and joint business ventures in Sri Lanka between French and Sri Lankan investors
- To exchange information on trade and investment with the appropriate bodies in France
- To conduct joint meetings with French business organizations in Sri Lanka and in France
- To serve as a recognized representative of business sector interests in Sri Lanka in matters concerning business relationships with France
- To promote Sri Lankan participation in trade fairs in France
- To corporate with the Government of Sri Lanka in the pursuit of the above objectives
- To establish links with the Chambers of Commerce in France to corporate with each other in the pursuit of each other’s objectives
To undertake all matters that are incidental or conducive to attaining the above objectives